Chocolate and Cornbread Pudding Poke Cake



            Those of you that know me know that I love my desserts. I also love it when I can find a dessert that doesn’t contain a crazy high amount of sugar! The impending snow storm today made me want to hole up after work and bake… apparently this is my new hobby. I love pudding and I love corn bread, so I combined the two in a low sugar pudding poke cake recipe!

 
            Disclaimer: Due to my busy schedule and self-proclaimed status as a “novice” baker, many of my baked recipes are more “semi-homemade” and use easy to prepare ingredients. In this recipe, I use cornbread mix and instant pudding. However, for you other busy workers, this recipe is a quick easy and healthy dessert!

Cornbread
2 boxes (8.5 ounces) corn muffin mix
2 eggs
2/3 cups milk
Butter or cooking oil

  1. Preheat oven to 400oF.
  2. Whisk eggs and milk together. Add in corn muffin mix and stir. Batter will remain lumpy.
  3. Lightly grease baking dish using butter or cooking oil. Pour batter into dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
  4. Once corn bread is finished baking. Let sit until cool. 
  5. Poke holes throughout the cake using a spoon handle. 

Chocolate Pudding
1 box (3.9 ounces) chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk

  1. Begin making chocolate pudding, after poking holes in corn bread. 
  2. Whisk one box chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups of milk. Pudding should set in 5 minutes.

Put It Together!

3. Pour pudding over corn bread “cake”. Use a spoon to gently work pudding into the holes. 
4. Chill in fridge for a couple hours. Serve and enjoy!
 







    Comments

    Popular Posts