Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

I made this recipe for a snack while I was staying at a hostel in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was easy to make with its few ingredients and to carry to my hostel room with me. It was made with goat yogurt (which I was excited to find at an organic food store in Kensington Market), strawberries, peaches and sunflower seeds--a healthy dose of vitamins, minerals, protein, healthy fats and fiber!

Ingredients
6 oz plain goat yogurt, extra to top
1 medium peach, diced
1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
¼ cup unsalted and shelled sunflower seeds, extra for sprinkling

Directions
1. Place a few tablespoons of yogurt at the bottom of a mason jar.
2. Add a layer of peach pieces, followed by a layer of strawberry pieces, and top with yogurt. Sprinkly a layer of sunflower seeds on top of each layer of yogurt.
3. Continue until the ingredients run out.
4. Top with extra sunflower seeds and yogurt and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts